Friday, September 21

Stamps and Fonts Oh My!

It's Friday so I am going to make it short since most likely my weekend will be spent slaving over invitations.

With that being said, a couple of follow up items about our invites. First, Joey came home from his business trip and said he liked the invites. He is a guy so technically his opinion means nada, but at least he's on board with them.

Second, my new job of stamp and font searching begins.
Fonts
My love of fonts began early in the wedding process. What an ordinary person takes two seconds to look at takes months of searching for me.
Some of my favorites fonts I've found along the way.


I heart Burgues but not the steep $90 dollar price tag. Joey says no. : (

Found the above on one of my favorite wedding sites..Wedding Bee. The more I look at it the more I'm in love.

However I can't fail to mention below, a favorite posted by a Knottie.


How pretty!

So who knows what font I will choose in the end, only time will tell. However I figure whatever font I choose will need to be carried over among the rest of the stationary for the wedding. What stationary you ask? Menus (maybe), Welcome letter, Table cards, Programs etc. Duh, life as a bride is not easy.

Stamps

Every since Martha Stewart decided that stamps would be a topic in her much loved Martha Stewart Wedding magazine I knew life would never be the same.

"Every detail of a wedding invitation is important -- even the stamp that graces its envelope." Martha Stewart.

Darn that Martha she is so right.

So I began with my STD, Save the date, and was fortunate to find a stamp that fit accordingly. Those were the days of .39 cent stamps and the large variety that monetary amount had. Let's all take a moment to remember....

So here is my final look for the STD.


I couldn't resist but to think of Martha's comment every time I had to mail something in regards to the wedding. Bridal shower invites were next:


That's a pic of me as a child in the stamps! I couldn't have been happier with the stamps from Zazzle. For the bridal shower thank you cards I found a great stamp on the USPS website. I found a stamp that featured Wilma Rudolph.

Who is Wilma Rudolph?

Wilma Glodean Rudolph was an American athlete, and in the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, Italy , she became the first American woman to win three gold medals in track and field during a single Olympic Games, despite running on a sprained ankle.
The powerful sprinter emerged from the 1960 Rome Olympics as "The Tennessee Tornado," the fastest woman on earth.

So why Wilma Rudolph?

Well she was born, raised and later buried in my parents city of residence and site of shower. I couldn't think of a better person.

Currently I'm spend a considerable amount of time contemplating what stamp will grace our invitations. Ahh, such hard decisions.

No comments: