Thursday, February 21

World...word....



My very sweet hubby DVR-d a show on the National Geographic Channel named Incredible Islands: Dubai. I have been facinated by the country of Dubai and even contemplated spending my honeymoon there. It is a country primary known for being a source of oil, however the country doesn't stop there.

This show discusses the World Islands. In a nut shell, the government of Dubai began an initiative in 2003 to build islands off its coast. ISLANDS....which happened to be formed in the shape of the world .....best part is that they are actually building them. They are building new islands..

I remember hearing about the proposal and to see the show left me in awe.

Here is a short snippet from wikipedia about the project.

If you get a chance it will air again this Sunday.

No comments: