Friday, May 2

A ballgame, graduation and festival...


The week has flown by and there are still some great things to come.

Yesterday started another one of my favorite summer past times...Nashville Sound games and Thirsty Thursday. The Nashville Sounds is a minor league team here in town and on Thursday night home games they have a delightful promotion. $1 drafts till the bottom of the 5th inning.

Yesterday we went out to see our first game of the season and partake in the promotion. It was a great game even with a Sounds loss and it was fun to get some summer activities started.





This afternoon my little sister will graduate from college. The third of five kids in the family to walk on to the stage, I can't be happier and more proud of her. She's graduating from Austin Peay State University, my undergrad Alma mater. I loved my time at APSU and am thrilled that my sister and I share the same Alma mater.

With some family & friends in town for the graduation we hope to get together tomorrow and tour Nashville.

This weekend Nashville is hosting various festivals. The Tennessee Renaissance Festival is in town. It is one of the most unique experiences of my life. It's really a whole other world. I think the New Yorkers will most genuinely like it or hate it.

Latin Street Fair. Being Hispanic I love my heritage, especially the dancing and music. This weekend a festival for just that. We might have to stroll on over.

Nashville's art museum, Frist Center for the Arts, is featuring a Monet to Dali exhibit. It'll be over in June so our time is limited.

And finally, the Sounds have home games this weekends. The greatness of home games on weekends...FIREWORKS....

Hope you all have a great one!

No comments: