Tuesday, July 8

Friday Catch up

Food...my favorite topic.

1. If a traveling food show were to visit your neighborhood, what are some unique, regional foods it would spotlight, and where would it go to get them?
BBQ and fried anything are great here in Nashville. We usually take out of towners to South Street and Jack's BBQ for some southern food. I also think Loveless Cafe is worth the drive.

2.On an American cable show, a celebrity chef surprises people by challenging them to a contest featuring their own specialties (he usually loses). If he challenged you to your specialty, what dish would you prepare? If he challenged someone you know, what would that dish be, and how might the competition turn out?
I make a great grilled Salmon with nicose olives. It did come from the chef's collegue's receipe book but I add some extras to make it my own.
If he challenged my hubby, hubby would win hands down in a meatball pasta contest. Hubby's got a really good recipe for them.

3. What are your feelings about cooking shows on television?
Saturday morning TV for the hubby and I. There are a couple I'm not a fan of but for the most part I enjoy them.

4.What kitchen gadgets have you purchased because you saw someone using them on television?
The onion chopper and I love it.

5.You get to (or have to, depending on how you feel about it) host your own food show on television. What will it be called and what’s it about? The Pantry Feedings. It would be about stocking your pantry right and being able to make great meals, easy and fast.

No comments: