Friday, September 26

Leisurely Friday

So glad it's Friday...I'm sure I'm not the only one...

This weekend I plan on catching up on some projects at home and hopefully the weekend will begin by filling up my car with gas.

As I count the hours down to the weekend I just wanted to share some of my new Internet bookmarks.

First up: Future Travels..I love to travel as you can tell and really who doesn't.

Eight years ago I had the good fortune of taking a trip to my mother's homeland of Peru. My Mom was pretty young when she moved here to the US but she has never forgotten her birthplace.

When I took my trip all those years ago I visited mostly the city of Lima where my extended family lives. It was such an amazing trip. Although Spanish is spoken in all of Central America and most of South America every country has it's own unique customs and culture.

I've been extremely blessed that the Peruvian side of my family has always shared with me the beauties of our culture, from the history to the yummy food. So of course I want to go back and explore all that is Peru.

One of the areas I can't wait to visit is Machu Picchu. It's one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.



Anyway I digress. The new bookmarks are for hotels in the area of Machu Picchu and the neighboring town of Cuzco.

Here are some pics of Inkaterra hotel in Machu Picchu.





How incredible does this place look....and only minutes from the train to the see the Ancient City.
In the neighboring city of Cuzco is this next hotel, Hotel Monasterio Cuzco, not too shabby either.




While I was drooling over the hotel in Cuzco, I stumbled upon a resort by the same hotel franchise located in the Colca Canyon in Peru, apparently twice the depth of the Grand Canyon.

This place is ridiculously beautiful. I have a strong feeling that trying to get here probably includes a ride on a prop plane but for once I'm down.



I know a girl can dream....Especially with this weekend's Powerball at 200 million...

Now on to my second and more reality driven bookmark.

Goodreads.


I first learned of this site through my sister, which reminds me....she owes me big for promising her not to go to Machu Picchu all those years ago without her.... Anywho..back to the site.

Goodreads is a website that lets you track the books you read and socialize with friends and see what they are reading, their comments, their recommendations...yada yada yada.

Lately I've decided to make an effort to dedicate at least an hour to reading a day and it's been such a rewarding experience.

On Goodreads I get to see reviews on books and it's also a great way to get recommendations for new books.

I recently added it to my bookmarks since I go back and forth reading and searching for my next good book.

Check it out.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Seriously.. I think sometimes you read my mind. Goodreads is on my 'to do' list.. (it has been for about 3 months).. and Machu Picchu?? Rob and I thought we're go there either next year or 2010... We've done the Mayans, the Aztechs (well.. he has.. I haven't. We may hit up Telum next year if we opt out of Peru).. last up are the Incans. I need to brush up on alot of my Spanish first.