Wednesday, October 8

Corner of work

So a couple of weeks ago I decided to go to Goodwill during lunch to see what I could find. And this is what I came home with. All for $15 bucks...Well minus the fabric on the lamp shade. These are the items in my office corner.


I decided to paint the candelabras black and use them in the living room. For $2 bucks each and a $5 can of paint I have this.


Now I have to find some white candles and it's perfect.

When I first graduated from college I got a set of lamps for my then apartment from Target. I've tried to think of ways to reuse them since they now don't go well with our new house.

Well I found a shade at Goodwill for $3 and bought some fabric on sale at Joann's and here is the result:

I'm going to use the other fabric for some pillows...my next adventure...sewing.

But back to the lamp...I love it and it goes well behind the couch where I needed something. Thanks for the lamp suggestion.

And finally I found a place for a couple of my finds on one of my first Craiglist buys, this Ikea Expedit bookcase.

This week I'm going to try to conquer sewing. Hoping that works out.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You really kill me. Those candelabras look fantastic. I really think you missed your calling... come make my house pretty.. please?? No? Ok.. well .. then could you spare some time to teach me?

Amber said...

You find the BEST FINDS on craigslist and now, goodwill! There is only junk at the goodwill by my house in Hermitage. :( But you have inspired me to go check and see if there is anything new... :)