Sunday, December 28

Florida Keys-Day Four

Day Four of Key West was Thanksgiving Day so we had several plans for the day. The first being a date with NFL football and the Tennessee Titans game. We slowly walked over to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and took in some of the famous Duval street. I say slowly because it took all I had to get up and face the day after the night before full of drinking.



Once the Titans secured a win in the game we headed for some more sightseeing. We found where Hwy 1 begins and ends.



We also spotted some of the famous roosters. We heard many throughout our time in Key West but this is the one we finally caught on film.

Then we walked over to the area of Truman Annex. It was incredible. All white houses even a famous one called the Truman's Little White House. This house was used well by President Truman but also by President Kennedy and my fav President Clinton.


If we ever visit Key West again we are staying in this area. It was beyond beautiful...the architecture was amazing.



A walk back to the water lead us to my very first up close look at a cruise ship. Oh my those things are HUGE. Seriously I had no idea. We saw tons of tourist flocking off and on that thing. I can't imagine being on a ship that big.



After all that walking we headed back to the hotel for a much needed nap before our Thanksgiving Dinner. We had dinner at the Hot Tin Roof Restaurant. The meal was incredible and such a pretty and romantic restaurant, it overlooks the water. Unfortunately I was still recovering from my wild night so after dinner we headed back to the hotel.

No comments: