Saturday, December 13

Jenny in the Jungle

That's what my hubby called the last week.

I had to travel to Honduras last week for work and it was an adventure.

I previously visited Honduras two years ago for work and forgot some of the small things...Like for say...no toilet paper in the toilet, sorry San Pedro Sula airport.

The fact that it's always hot in Honduras...even two weeks before Christmas. Lovely 90 degrees with 100 humidity...

Oh apparently no lanes needed for streets.

This trip included a visit to the capital city of Tegucigalpa which can be accessed by this airport. Did I mention it's one of the most dangerous in the WORLD. That's right....I can only begin to tell you how much praying I did.

In May of this year a plane crashed at this airport and since then larger planes have been restricted from using this airport, so only small planes...Small like what we flew on.

Here is a pic once we landed in Tegucigalpa.


This was my boarding pass. Basically it was a laminated piece of paper that they reuse. Flight seat 16. Basically you sign in and they write your name on a piece of paper. Yeah...totally feeling domestic travel in Honduras.



Anywho, after much praying I arrived there and back in one piece and got much accomplished on our trip.

I also wanted to mention that while in Honduras I realized how happy people can be in life. I think many times we get so caught up in trying to get ahead and not appreciate what we already have. Honduras is a country that does not have much financial wealth but to see their people you wouldn't know.

I met this week some of the most happiest people I've met in a long time. People who are truly grateful for what they have and actually enjoy it.

1 comment:

Andy HoboTraveler.com said...

I have traveled for over 10 years and I am always intrigued how the underdeveloped countries are happy. I think in the USA or Europe, etc people are taught to be afraid of life. We dwell on the problems on life instead of just living a life of accepatance.
Andy HoboTraveler.com Travel Blog