Wednesday, December 17

Poor Hubby

Last night we got some great news from a close set of friends of ours...They are expecting...however not everyone in my household was happy.


Hubby: D&L are expecting.
Me: No way! (Smiling and happy)
Hubby: What am I going to do? (Moping away)
Me: Seriously honey this is good news

Before we went to bed----------

Hubby: I just realized everyone is having babies after being married 3 years….why?

Me: Maybe you run out of things to talk about.
Hubby: You think?

Me: Are you going to be ok?
Hubby: If it could happen to them, it could happen to any of us.
Me: I thought they wanted to start a family for a while now.
Hubby: It doesn’t matter…everything is ruined, nothing will ever be the same.
Me: Oh honey…how will you make it?
Hubby: I don’t know.
Me: Hey can you turn up the TV it’s not drowning out your voice very well.

Needless to say we aren’t planning on children anytime soon. Jeez Louise. I might buy him a Sonic sundae to cheer him up.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Hey...my boyfriend is cheered up by Sonic Sundaes too lol

Stephanie said...

Love the new blog header... it's delightfully you.

I had no idea that the J was sooo opposed to the bambinos. Que Pasa? The hubs and I were discussing last night why his Christmas party is soo odd every year (long story)... I came to the conclusion that we're on that age bubble: to old to still drink Long Island Ice Teas but to young to have kids.