Monday, January 12

7 days....Really??




Monday morning to ya!

After a very delayed start to the week, crazy interstate traffic this morning due to ICE on an overpass ...I'm officially counting down the days till Groundhog's Day, when we find out whether spring is well on it's way or not...3 weeks till we know.
So the last week of no meat eating has been remarkably easy sailing. It's amazing when you don't have meat at home what other food you find yourself eating. Ate a lot of beans we've had in our pantry...yummy Lentils and finally got a chance to enjoy rice, pasta, and pizza.
Also made a discovery, McDonald's is NOT a veggie compliant fast food place. I was in a hurry Saturday and needed something quick to eat and decided McD's was the place. After studying the menu for a few minutes I realized there is NOTHING on there without any meat. They do have salads but it didn't go with my quick to eat. So instead I ordered Fries and a large Iced Latte. I'm sure between the two the calorie consumption met the requirements of a meal but really not what I was aiming for at all.
The hubby didn't hold up past Saturday, he had some local BBQ to feed his sorrow of a Titans loss this week. Although he is now eating meat I think I'm going to stick it out for as long as I can.

Strangely enough all I've craved is an Arby's roast beef sandwich, which normally I would not eat to save my life, and fish, any kind...mostly fried catfish. Not sure how long I'll be able to hold up on either of those but I'm willing to give it a try.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Burger King has a veggie burger that is great. Not many other fast food places are veg friendly.