Thursday, July 16

Oh no she didn't...

Girl



Oh yes I did, I'm posting the girl room first. Just a bit of hoping on my part for a little girl.

First I should begin by saying our guest room will now move over to our office. And the office will no longer exist. RIP Office, you kept me very busy with inspiration and more inspiration.

Second the reason for the moving of rooms and not just converting the office is that the guest bedroom has an awesome walk-in closet. The master bedroom and the guest bedroom both have California Closets. I know...weep.

Currently the guest bedroom looks like a quarter of this closet.


And I'm thinking this is what I want it to become.


I'll put up some extra rods to accommodate for smaller clothes and I'll like to add some baskets for all things loose.

I'm already jealous of my little tot and it's grandiose closet. A mini Carrie Bradshaw closet...maybe one day.

So back to the Girl room design....Here is a breakdown (Left to right).



Girl



Walls: Current color is Beige like the Glider
Lamp: Walmart.com
Side Table: Ikea Hemnes (borrowing from current guest bedroom)
Glider: Luca Glider from Monte
Frame: Ikea Drill ( I'll probably convert this to a corkboard or chalkboard)
Crib: Dana from Pottery Barn Kids
Changing Table/Dresser: Ikea Hemnes
Changing Pad: Amazon
Bird Cage: Ballard Design (I actually saw one like this at a flea market and passed it up. I should have know)
Bedding: Dwell Baby
Rug: PoshTots

Some missing elements:

I think I might jazz up the dresser by adding clear glass knobs. Thank you Real Simple.
Also after seeing this fabulous mobile on Becoming Home months ago I kept the how to link and think I might attempt it to match my bedding. I'm thinking flowers, leaves and perhaps a bird or two


image from here


And finally some wall art from Uppercase Living. I'm thinking an initial above the crib.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Ooh I love the glass doorknobs! And def get some goodies from uppercase living- they're child proof!