Thursday, September 17

Hot-lanta


Last month the hubby and I decided it was time to head to Atlanta for our "Ikea or Bust" trip. We figured we'd make the trip sometime next year but once we found out about the baby we decided to stock up on some baby goods and go this year.

Well with the reveal of a baby girl we were set to go.

We decided to make it a semi family trip. My parents and little sister tagged along as well as my hubby's mom. Road TRIP!!!!!!!!!

We left early Saturday morning and decided to head straight to Ikea. After about 4 hours at Ikea {no joke}, we went back to the hotel and rested a little before heading to dinner.

We ate at one of my favorite places in Atlanta, Sal Grosso. It's a Brazilian Steakhouse which offers all you can eat meat buffet. Hello..need I say more. So we feasted after our long drive and longer stay in Ikea. After dinner we all headed back to the hotel to digest.

The next day we decided to venture downtown to check out some of the sights Atlanta has to offer.



More importantly we made a stop at the World of Coke. I briefly worked for Coke and when I was in Atlanta for work they were building this new museum. I had to check it out and thankfully the family agreed.



It was pretty neat if I say so myself. I am a die hard Coca Cola fan. However I think every one else enjoyed it too. Just check out the parent folks waiting in line for the 3D short film they have.



After our trip downtown we stopped for a late lunch at Mellow Mushroom and then back to the hotel and then the road home.

It was a great trip to Atlanta however it went by way too quick, perhaps the long Ikea trip was to blame.

Here's the recap of what was purchased. Let's begin by saying that the hubby and I planned and decided on a budget at home....Ummmm, we went WELL over it. It's like Target on crack. Plus the 3 1/2 hour drive made me more willing to buy then go home without.

First we have Baby Girl's goods {aka planned item to be purchased}:

Her Dresser:
Some shelving:Her rug:
We also picked up smaller items like this drawer organizer and this frame.

The hubby and I also decided to upgrade our furniture. We decided on the same set as Baby Girl however in a dark wood finish:
We didn't plan on upgrading our nightstand but somehow we got the matching nightstands and below lights .



After that decision came more last minute items....such as a new duvet set...



A new TV stand for the hubby's man room.One or two....or perhaps three too many of these frames. I don't know how people make it out of that store without splurging on something.

Let just say the hubby is not going to be opting for any future Ikea trips any time soon. : (

1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Love the Hemnes set! Delicious!