Thursday, July 29

Ever since Oprah...


Just a tid bit: I love Oprah. I know I say " I love" often on this blog. It's my tendency to love anything new and refreshing but some things in life I have life long love affairs with.

Oprah is a golden example. In grade school/high school I watched her every day, yes EVERY DAY. In college I taped her shows...In grad school I DVRed them...

In the last few years our relationship has been met with some bumps {lack of time to watch, too many dr. phil appearances, not enough compelling episodes...} however I wouldn't think twice of selling my hubby for a chance to meet her. A girl has priorities.

Well many years ago she started her famous Book Club. I loved it and began longing to be a part of a real Book Club, sans Gayle. You know the meetings, the conversation, the perhaps wine sharing.

When Blue Eye Bride {a fav mommy blogger} mentioned starting an online book club I was super excited and couldn't wait. Well the day has come....Book Beginnings and bookends is live.

Sure it has no Oprah...


But it does have other bloggers and some of them with little ones just like mine. So I'm in.
First book up: The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes


2 comments:

A Baby Peach said...

oooh that sounds fun! I think I am going to take part - I need to start reading books that aren't about health and/or babies again! haha

Rachel said...

I am so glad you're participating! Stop by the blog today to discuss the first ten chapters!