Wednesday, July 7

A juggling act


I often wonder how people get it all done.

I have been wondering that more and more each day. To begin, I am a person of routine and schedules. I can conform to new things but ultimately I then try to quickly turn whatever comes my way into a new routine.

With that being said the last couple of weeks have thrown me for a loop. New tasks at work, Stella's sleepless nights, the hubby's longer than usual work schedule....only to name a few. At the end of the day I have a ton of things to do and no time to do it.

Time management used to be a strong point for me. Now I seem to be lacking beyond belief. Sure I give myself credit with the fact that I have a 6 month old and I need to give it time...but who has that? And I clearly know I am my worst critic, why do we put ourselves through it?

With that being said I'm writing down everything that needs to be done, prioritizing it, then trying to fit it into my schedule. I'm going to try to do a complete week before reviewing and determining how I need to change things around. It won't eliminate the mad dashs and things that come up but hopefully it'll reduce some of my points of tension.

Any advice?

No comments: